HI

General Discussion Area on Clinical Systems Improvement - Please do join in.

HI

Postby k.anderson3454 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:17 am

What happened to the forum?
k.anderson3454

Re: HI

Postby richard steyn » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:17 pm

What happened to the forum?

Over the last many months there has been increasing spam (some very unpleasant indeed) and attempted mis-use of the forum taking up more and more of my time. In order to improve all this and the security of the server, the server software had to be upgraded (and in fact this meant transfer onto a new server) to then allow upgrade of the forum software. The server transfer was very successfully done however new members could not register!! This was sorted by upgrading the forum software however that is where things went wrong! I was unable to automatically import all the previous forum messages .... I will manually start reposting some of these mesages including the presentation links as soon as I have the time.

Unfortunately the members database was also unable to be automatically imported ...... however in some ways that may be just as well as there were unfortunately quite a lot of spoof email addresses being used to potentially/actually spam the forum.

The only further changes to the website/forum will be addition of more content (old and new), so please do use the forum.

thanks for you patience

Richard ;)
richard steyn

Postby richard steyn » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:55 pm

I have added a forum for general discussion on other topics on a trial basis - provided this does get abused or significantly increase moderation time I wil let it run

Richard
richard steyn

Postby ingridcarley » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:10 am

Hi, I m too new here . A caregiver by profession from East Sussex
ingridcarley

Return to General Discussion