Which software to use for SPC charting?

This is for discussion of any issues specifically relating to statistical process control

Which software to use for SPC charting?

Postby richard steyn » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:44 am

This is an interesting question and in reality the answer I suspect depends on how much you want to spend and what your personal preference are. (important note I have no financial or other interest in any of these software programs).

I know many people use a software macro for excel called BPchart which many of us have obtained free of charge. It works within excel and is versatile at producing run charts and I charts. I use it from time to time. I do not have copyright for this software and hence cannot distribute it through this board.

I have also been using Chartrunner. I have found this exceptionally versatile, can produce almost any chart I want - I suspect if it doesn't produce the chart I want it may be because I haven't read the instructions well enough :lol: It works very well from within excel but can also run standalone and get the data it needs from excel, access or sql files. For more details go to http://www.pqsystems.com

Some colleagues have been using minitab .... I have tried this program but have not found it user friendly for me.

And others are enthusiastic about Winchart or QI macros. I did look at QI macros briefly .... it is cheaper than Chartrunner, works as a macro within excel but I prefered the features in chartrunner. I have not used Winchart

regards

Richard
richard steyn

Return to Statistical Process Control